Forestry Services Ltd had two Knowledge Transfer Groups in 2018 and look forward to partaking in the scheme in 2019.
Explanation of the aim of the KTG Scheme:
- Provide additional knowledge to help forest owners understand the activities required in their forests.
- Provide the expertise over the forest rotation to achieved an economic return sustainably.
- Filling the knowledge gap and bridging the barrier to the mobilisation of timber and biomass from the private sector.
FSL KT Groups have the following benefits to owners:
- a) Increase awareness to forest owners of the value of their forest.
- b) Informing forest owners on how to actively manage their forest sustainably.
- c) Engaging owners in the process of continuous management of their forests including performance of annual tasks.
- d) Improve the understanding and the steps required when selling timber.
- e) Best practice for forestry establishment.
- f) Advice on membership to our group certification scheme.
- g) Better management results in greater productivity.